I forgot in the Christmas hubbub to update on the sleeping progress. She did actually sleep all right/better on vacation...she slept for at least two hour stretches, which is great improvement. At Nate's parents' house they had borrowed a crib, and she would go to sleep in it at the beginning of the night, but when she woke up in the middle of the night she wouldn't let me put her back down, so she slept with us for the rest of the night, which was actually sort of OK, but sort of not. It makes me nervous because of SIDS, but at least we all got decent amounts of sleep that way. I was worried she'd want to do that when we got back, but she's been fine sleeping in her room. I've averaged getting up around 3 times a night since we got back, which really isn't too bad. Last night was a little worse, but I attribute that to some major gas and I think she's getting close to getting her second bottom tooth.
And she's getting a little more mobile. She tries to pull herself up on occasion but can only get on her knees so far. She can also push herself backwards on her tummy. She did figure out over vacation that she could roll herself places, but she's sort of stopped doing that since she figured out she can push herself backwards on the tile.
As far as food goes, she's started to be able to pick up small items, so she can eat cheerios and those little processed Gerber puffs. It's my theory that she now wants to feed herself everything because she won't let us feed her much using a spoon. That's going to stink since we have all this pureed food in the freezer. I sort of feel guilty giving her those puffs since I don't think they are "real" food. Just another thing to add to my list of "Mommy guilt". They should have postpartum therapy sessions on guilt. I never knew how much guilt moms can have until I became one. That could be a whole 'nother blog post though, so I won't go into all the guilt I have over various things. At any rate, meal time is also quite amusing as she's starting to "talk" and she only does it when she's upset at us during meals. She will sit there at say "BABABA" in this funny little voice...but she opens her mouth really wide so we get a spoonful of something in there when she does it, which she isn't too fond of either. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment