Braelyn's birthday present to me was to crawl for me. She took two "crawls" toward me and then fell on her stomach when Hunter got in her face. Today she crawled again but had about the same results. She can go just a few crawls forward and then falls on her stomach...practice makes perfect and strengthens those arms/legs, I guess. I'm saying the 17th was her official first crawl since that's when she did it for us. :) She also has figured out how to get to sitting from being on her stomach, but I think that has to happen in the perfect configuration (meaning where she can back herself into something to help her or her feet find a good edge on the tile or something). I think it's dawning on her that crawling will help her get places. She also balanced standing up for a few seconds today. We have not videoed any of this. Maybe when she gets more proficient. Or maybe not. I still don't know how I feel about videoing things.
We had a good time at the DMV for an hour getting my driver's license. Interestingly enough, we no longer get the new license at the DMV. It gets mailed to you after a week. So, I now have a driver's license with a hole punched in it and a piece of paper that is my temporary license. They have to stay together at all times. Must be because of all the new security features, we have to get it mailed?
Braelyn escaped the crud that Nate and I had on Thursday and Friday. It was a 24 hour bug. I had it on Thursday, Nate had it on Friday, and so far Braelyn seems fine. That's good.
Stupid flash on my glasses.

No comments:
Post a Comment