Saturday, May 19, 2012

13 months and counting

Braelyn is on the move and having lots of adventures.  So I figured it was about time to update everyone and share more pictures.  We've had a stressful week...on Monday I was told that I will have to be full time next year, so we agonized over the decision making of whether I would stay teaching or quit and stay home.  Then the other part time math teacher who was told the same thing pitched the idea of both of us taking only 3 classes next year so the school could combine the other half of our positions for a full time teacher.  The school took her idea, so next year I will still be part time.  I'm not sure what will happen after that, I know our CEO wants to eliminate part time positions as much as possible, they only did this because they felt bad for dropping this decision on us with three weeks left in the school year.  So we will see, but it's a relief that I can still work but also still be around a lot for Braelyn...though she's really happy at Autumn's too!

Braelyn is getting ready to be walking...she's taken a few steps at a time.  I think she's gotten to the point where she wants to walk but isn't quite ready to do it all the time.  I think our floor tiles have something to do with that.  She did walk across her room from Nate to me this morning.  She has doubled the amount of teeth she has to a total of 8.  She was doing better with eating but that's gone back downhill lately.  On Mother's Day she ate an entire hot dog for dinner, but hasn't repeated that appetite since.  She has started sleeping a bit better.  Some nights she only wakes once, so hopefully she'll just keep improving in that area.  I think we'll have to get a new car seat soon.  She's nowhere near the weight limit for the infant one, but she's getting too tall for it, I think.  She's also babbling a lot more and said mama the other day when I was reading her a book that had that word with a picture of a mom holding a baby.  Don't know if she really meant it or if she was just babbling since she doesn't call for me.  She does say dada too, but again, she doesn't really call for Nate or say it to Nate yet.

Over Mother's Day weekend we went to stay near Zion National Park.  We got a deal through Living Social for a "resort" on the East side of Zion, which we didn't research where it was beforehand and we would have planned things differently if we knew we had to drive through the entire park to get there.  Oh well.  We had fun and we didn't realize when we planned it that it was over Mother's Day so it turned out to be a nice little vacation to celebrate.  Here's some pictures...

I have no idea what these two are from or why she's only wearing a diaper.  But you can see her getting to standing, I guess.  Thought they were cute.

 Braelyn and Daddy by the river in Zion.

Braelyn getting her feet wet.

She fell asleep with her baby while we hiked for a bit on a paved trail.  People thought it was pretty funny when they looked in the stroller and saw two babies.

Family picture in Zion.  Braelyn is pointing at the camera.  She loves to point at things, even if she doesn't actually want or know what she is pointing at.

Here's our cabin at the "resort".  It was actually pretty nice.

Braelyn and Daddy swimming in the pool at the resort.  She actually liked it quite a bit even though the pool was quite chilly.  She had lots of fun.

She also had lots of fun when we miniature golfed at the resort.  She thought the golf balls and holes were hilarious.

Can you see that I smashed a muffin in the carpet our last morning in the cabin?  Yay.  She did actually start eating more food on our trip.

She also really enjoyed swinging at the playground at our resort.

The roosters crowing at the resort.

One of the two tunnels we went through four times while driving back and forth in Zion National Park.  This one was pretty neat inside.

We stopped at the Cracker Barrel for lunch in St. George, Utah on the way back to Vegas and Braelyn found this "chair" and thought it was cool.  We went ahead and bought what is really a plant stand for her because it was on clearance for only $9.  Now to get her to stop climbing on it and to learn how to actually sit on it. :)


No comments: