Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's been a while...

Yes, it's been a while since my last post.  I guess we aren't taking so many pictures anymore...that and it's a pain in the butt to upload them to my computer.  Things are going well.  I'm teaching every other day for full days this year and it is WONDERFUL!  I love having the whole day at school and I love having the whole day with Braelyn.  Braelyn has lots of fun at Autumn's, sometimes she isn't too eager to go home when I pick her up.  In fact, yesterday Autumn was gone to be with her father on the anniversary of her brother's death and we had a friend watch Braelyn...she cried when I carried her out of the house!  She had lots of fun crawling up and down the stairs at their house.  We went to the first half of the football game last night and all she wanted to do was go up and down the stairs on the bleachers, so we didn't stay too long.

Nate is super busy with soccer.  This week I was pretty much a single parent as he had late practice every day except one and the one day he had a game that went very late as well.  Ug.  Oh well.  We went to go see him one afternoon and brought him some treats from a German bakery we found.

Braelyn's eating a bit more.  She mostly likes snacks.  Her favorites that she almost never refuses and actually goes and gets for me are macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, and strawberries.  She also loves sweets and chips (just like mommy), which we try to keep away from her.

She says a few more words...hi (though not often), stinky ("sti")...that one's when she has a poopy diaper.  I think there's some others.  She repeated "eggs" to me the other morning.


The above are pictures of Braelyn after swimming.  She HAS to have the towel wrapped around her like a cape.  Braelyn loves water and being naked/in a swimsuit.  To the point where she goes outside and tries to pull off her clothes to play in the water.  I'm thinking we'll get her a water/sand table for Christmas.  She also really loves to climb or try to climb stuff.  We are in full-fledged toddler mode.  Into everything, mad when I won't let her get into things.  She is tallish (average for her age, but taller than some of the other babies at school her age), but skinny.  I'm guessing I'll get yelled at by the doctor at her 18 month appointment next month since she won't have gained much weight.

No comments: