Saturday, December 1, 2012

The "Do" and "Happy"

Braelyn says lots of words now, and actually knows what the mean, for the most part.  Over Thanksgiving break she discovered Daddy's iPad from school.  She loves it and calls it the "Do".  I'm not certain why, my best guess is that I turn it on for her and ask her what she wants to do (not every time, to my recollection, I did that once, and it's been the "do" ever since).  Luckily we have Nate's old iPhone that we've been using as an iPod that's just a smaller "do" when Daddy's is at school.  Nate put some free baby apps on it and that's what she plays with.  All the apps are similar, they are based on a song (Twinkle, twinkle, ABCs, etc) and there's one that is a "phone"...I kind of think that's hilarious because it has "apps" like texting and a keypad...she can do that on the iPhone itself, but I suppose it doesn't make noise.  Anyway, her favorite is "Happy" which is the song If You're Happy and You Know It.  I had to buy the song because she loved it so much and after one verse it asks you to buy it or you have to start over and I got tired of continually starting it over for her.  She also likes playing with my phone and even accidentally called Aunt Becky from it.

Over Thanksgiving "Mama" came to visit...Grandma and Grandpa Bartels.  She's been asking for Mama ever since.  We had fun, though Braelyn was a bit under the weather, I think.  She had some stomach issues and now has a runny nose she's recovering from.

We put up the Christmas decorations and she is pretty fascinated with the tree, we always have to have the lights on.  She loves kissing one angel ornament and there is one with a puppy and one with a kitty that she can reach that she likes.  We have three ornaments that make sounds and she often asks to be lifted up to push the buttons.

Thankfully at her 18 month appointment she gained 2 pounds and grew a bit.  Her BMI is in the 2nd percentile because she's tall and skinny.

Three more weeks of school and then Christmas break!  We are looking forward to flying to Nebraska and seeing both our families while there. 

No comments: