Braelyn will be 5 months in two days! By my measurements, she hasn't really gained any length, though maybe a 1/2 an inch. However, she is packing on the pounds (OK, not really). She's now 14.8 pounds (14lbs, about 13 oz) by our scale, at four months she was 13lbs 6 oz. We go back to the doctor next month for more shots.
In the last day or so, her tolerance for the dreaded tummy time has increased. She can go 10-15 minutes or longer at times without crying. I've even gotten a smile out of her while she's on her tummy.
As you can see, Hunter enjoys joining her on the ground. Actually he mostly enjoys sniffing her.
Braelyn has started sucking her thumb pretty regularly. She's never been super partial to the pacifier, so that's not really a surprise. I think she looks kind of pathetic when she sucks her thumb, but it's pretty cute too.
I love how she's holding her hand, like she has to hold it in her mouth to get it to stay there.
Today I found the best toy for her! She's starting sticking pretty much everything in her mouth and grabbing everything, including taking my glasses off my face when I wear them and trying to put my hair in her mouth. I suspect she's starting teething, but I haven't felt or seen any signs of a tooth coming in. Anyway, this morning while I was brushing my teeth she kept trying to grab my toothbrush, so I gave her a new one we had lying on the counter. She loves biting on the rubber part of the handle and biting the brush.
It may not be the safest toy (I don't know??), but it's never too early to have good oral hygiene habits. I'm sure our dentist would be proud.
Finally, I captured a cute moment with Daddy.
These moments are a little rare in Braelyn's life at the moment because Nate's soccer schedule STINKS. Since the new field isn't done, they practice from 6-8 and he has so much to do for school he just stays at school until practice. This week he got home yesterday at 7:30 (they had a game), he won't get home until after her bedtime tonight, tomorrow they have a game, Thursday through Saturday he won't be home at all since they have a tournament in Arizona. :( Hopefully once the field is done he can be home sooner on non-game days! It's only a month and a half more, thank goodness. That is, unless they make playoffs. His team is little and young this year, but they have the potential to win some games if they could put in the effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment