Friday, September 2, 2011

School's Started!

This marks week three of Braelyn going to our sitter!

This was our nemesis until...

I started bringing my dirty shirts to Autumn's (our sitter).  Turns out she needed Mommy's smell to eat comfortably, I guess.  Who knew?  And don't go saying we should have started her on a bottle all summer.  We did.  She just didn't want to eat for someone new, I guess.  Now I just give Autumn my dirty laundry!  HA!

Now our nemesis is...TUMMY TIME!
Apparently nothing could be more torture than being on her tummy, except of course, being hungry. I just tell her that she needs to learn to roll over front to back because then she wouldn't have to be on her tummy. She doesn't get it.

Braelyn's doing really well at the sitter and seems to be doing OK with our new schedule. I am doing OK with the new schedule. I'm starting to get to know my classes (the new-school-year-honeymoon is quickly ending). My only problem is that I don't quite feel like I'm able to adequately help my students since my help hours are limited. That contributes to the feeling that I'm going to be neither effective as a teacher nor effective as a mom, though I know God working through me will make me be effective at both.
Hunter, on the other hand, is really getting on my nerves...here's what he did the other day.
This is the second bib he's ruined. Anyone want the dog in the red shirt? (just kidding...though it wouldn't take much convincing to get rid of him) He also keeps trying to steal her toys. Unfortunately baby toys are an awful lot like many dog toys, so I can understand that to an extent.
Howie has been relatively good, except the other day he was laying close to her on the floor and she started kicking him. He started growling. At least he didn't go in for the kill right away, he gave some warning.

This one has been fine, actually pretty much completely out of sight.
Anyway, since Husker football season is upon us, I'll leave you with a few pictures of Braelyn showing her spirit...


She likes Bo as much as Mommy does! :)  Go Big Red!

No comments: