We had Braelyn's 6 month well-check and shots on Monday. I need to remember to schedule them for Fridays from now on since she had a fever again after the shots. Luckily we have an arrangement with another part time teacher where Nate watches her during his prep and she can take Braelyn during my second block of teaching if we can't take the kids to Autumn, so that worked out for me this time! Next time I will be smarter. It was a bit of a rough night Monday night and then a rough day on Tuesday with her fever and what I'm fairly certain is the tip of a tooth just starting to come up.
At 6 months the doctor says she is 15lbs 9 oz. I say that she's at least 16 lbs. I think they made an error or it's because it was in the afternoon and I always weigh her in the morning. Anyway, "officially" 15lbs 9oz, which is the 36th percentile. She's 26 inches, which is the 50th percentile and her head circumference is 41cm, which is like the 20th percentile (not surprising). Her doctor said that she's not worried about the numbers, as long as she continues to grow. It strikes me as odd that the only measurement in metric units is the head circumference. Probably the only person to think that is a math teacher. Why not the height in centimeters too? Or the weight (mass) in kilograms? Or the head circumference in inches? The mysteries of our health system...
Anyway, I have to take her back in a few weeks for her 2nd flu shot. Apparently babies need to have a booster of sorts. I still need to get mine too!
She is trying valiantly to sit up from laying on her back, but so far she can only get her head off the ground. She has gotten very proficient at rolling over, and now she often sleeps on her stomach since she can roll onto it.
No comments:
Post a Comment