Saturday, October 15, 2011

6 months old!

Over the past month or so since I posted, we've had a few events to catch up on...

Braelyn's 6 month check up will be October 24th, so I don't know her measurements, but I believe she's about 16 pounds.  I'll update that when I know "for sure". :)

Autumn was gone for about 2 weeks as her brother had an accident and passed away.  Braelyn stayed with our friend Evelyn for most of that time and did well, though she wouldn't eat from Evelyn.  Usually she was fine with that though, so we were definitely blessed to have a great back-up babysitter!

Braelyn has rolled over from front to back several times now, so she is a little more mobile.  She is trying to sit up, but has a hard time controlling her body enough to not fall forward.  She won't prop herself up on her hands to sit up.  She's getting much better at tummy time and can pull her knees up under her but won't push herself up on her hands very often, so it may still be a while before she crawls.

You might not be able to tell from these pictures, but apparently cat toys make great baby toys...especially the scratching post...

We think she may be teething.  Lots of drool, a few sleepless nights and some good sleep after given some tylenol makes me think yes.  Looking in her mouth and seeing absolutely no signs of teeth makes me think no.  I have no idea what is going on.  She hasn't been sleeping well lately, but I think that may be settling down now, if last night was any indication.

My parents came down for a few days this week.  They spent about 2 and a half days with Braelyn and she is definitely spoiled with all the holding Grandma and Grandpa gave her!  She wasn't too sure about Grandpa at first, but after they took a few naps together, she warmed up to him quickly.

We had 6 month pictures today.  That went OK, definitely not as good as 3 months, but I have a feeling that she was fairly tired and wasn't feeling too good this morning, so they turned out well considering that.  We were a little frustrated with the photographer because she wanted Braelyn to sit up by herself and she can't really do that yet, so I think it would have been a lot better if she would have used some sort of prop to hold her upright.  Oh well, I'm sure at 9 months we won't have to deal with that issue...it'll be something else then! :)

We are going to attempt to travel this Christmas.  We want her great-grandparents to see her soon as you never know what the future holds, so we are flying to Nebraska.  We've never been to Nashville to see Nate's parents since they moved there, so we are then going to fly there.  Braelyn should be a well-seasoned traveler after that trip.  We may never do it again, but we will attempt it this year.  I'm very nervous about flying with her...though I've heard cough syrup knocks them out... :)

No comments: