In case you were wanting an update on the sleeping situation, she's still not. I still hope someday she will. It's better some nights, worse on others. It was really GREAT the night the smoke detector went off because I was seasoning our cast iron skillet in the oven (it wasn't smoking, that particular detector never requires smoke in order to go off). Not.
I weighed her yesterday and she was 17 pounds, 9 oz by our scale. She is getting longer too, which is really hard to measure. I think she's something like 28 inches long. All I know is I put a pair of footed pants on her today and they were just long enough where the last time she wore them, I'm pretty certain they were too long. She needs to put some pounds on though because the waistband is still loose. :)
One more day of finals and it is Christmas break! I am excited to not have to worry about grading and getting things done and just enjoy spending time with Braelyn and Nate. And I can get more sleep because I can nap when she does...maybe. I'm also SUPER excited about the three flights we're going to take with her over break to see family. If you didn't catch that, it's sarcasm. Not excited at all. At. All. I'm sure family is super excited to see her, but, yeah. Child who isn't sleeping great in the first place + new people and new places = not a fun time. Maybe she'll sleep better in a new place...one can only hope. At the moment I'm feeling pessimistic and not in the Christmas spirit at all.
But, here's some of the pictures we tried to take for Christmas cards. She refused to smile, but that's OK, she's still precious, cute, all those nice things people say about babies that they sometimes mean.
We have purchased exactly three gifts for Braelyn, all of which she knows about. I'm sure she'll be thrilled. I think that may be where we will stop. It's a good number...it's how many Jesus got from the Wise Men, and I think that may be good enough for her. She will be way more into the paper and boxes than the gifts themselves, I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment