Braelyn celebrated her 11 month birthday Thursday by taking a few steps unassisted. She hasn't really done it since as she's really working on trying to stand up unassisted. Balance is hard to come by yet. She got her fourth tooth while my parents were here, and from the looks of it she's done with teeth for a while as I can't see any others that are coming up yet. She keeps having this runny nose that gets better and comes back again, I suspect allergies since this is the time of year where everything gets a coat of yellow pollen from some tree that has an overabundance of pollen. We will see. According to the Wii Fit, she's about 19.5 pounds. I keep meaning to try to measure height, but I haven't gotten to it yet.
Her likes:
Scrambled eggs and most things that we are eating...she has to be eating when we are.
Lemons...best toys in the world. Also sticky and juicy.
Knocking things over.
Dog rawhides and the tags on the dogs' or cat's collars
The dogs or cat
Baths
Dislikes:
Having something taken away from her
Not being able to eat what we are.
Diaper changes
Sleeping, or so it seems.
Update on the cloth diapering: Still going well...I've purchased what we need and just started Autumn on doing it while she's with her, so we are going full time cloth 24/7, except at church. There is not always a good time to change her at church so we do disposable there because she can go way longer in that. Now I just need to be satisfied with the diapers I have and not keep looking to buy more! :) I've been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is, except the washing does take forever because our washing machine has such long cycles.
Next month is the big day! I have no idea what we'll get her for her birthday. She has tons, and I mean tons of clothes in 12 month size which she isn't even wearing yet, so no clothes...and since everything we own is a toy for her, not sure she needs that... I'm sure we'll figure something out. We are looking forward to another photo shoot...not really...and shots at the doctor!
Grandma and Grandpa Bartels came to visit and had the distinct pleasure of watching her while I worked. By the end of it, she was doing well with them, even though she still cried every time I left. It was nice to at least go out for dinner with Nate, just the two of us. Unfortunately Nate was sick, so that was the extent of our "date". Oh well, turned out for the best as Braelyn flatly refused to take a bottle from my mom and thus she had a pretty difficult time putting her down to bed without a bottle. :) Picky little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment