Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Braelyn's Two! (or three or five)

Braelyn's response every time we asked her how old she was going to be was "Three!", so maybe she wanted to skip two, I don't know.  Now we ask her how old she is and she says "Five!". 

Anyway, here's some pictures from her birthday.  We celebrated most of her birthday on Sunday, even though the actual day was Monday because I didn't want her to eat cake and open presents an hour before bedtime by the time we ate dinner and Nate got home on Monday.  We started off after church by setting up her water/sand table (we don't have sand for it yet), which she loved.  This was not a surprise as she has seen it in the box for about a month, but we told her we couldn't play with it until her birthday.  Unfortunately it's been super windy and cold beyond Sunday, so she hasn't gotten to play with it since.

After changing clothes several times because she didn't want to wear her swimsuit but also didn't want wet clothes, we had dinner and cake.  Here's the cake:





She was more excited about the candles.
So we had to blow out candles twice.
Then of course, she didn't want to actually eat the cake.  After all that time I spent on it, she didn't want to eat it.  She still hasn't eaten any of it.  She did, however, enjoy playing a little with the frosting, until she didn't like that she was getting dirty. 
She enjoyed opening presents quite a bit.  These were some of her favorites.  We opened a few more presents on Monday (she got one from Autumn and we got another box in the mail from Nate's parents), and this told us that apparently there were too many presents because she keeps asking for more presents.  Spoiled much?  She always seems to have an overabundance of presents, but this is the first that she's acted this way, so we will have to watch the amount of presents she gets in the future more closely...
I made Mickey sugar cookies for her to take to Autumn's for her birthday.  They are recognizable as Mickey, but that's about all I can say for them.  I tried.
And she wore a new Minnie Mouse outfit for her birthday.
Overall a good day. 

Lots of interesting things going on.  I got a job offer from the College of Southern Nevada, but we have decided that I should stay at Faith for a variety of reasons.  There is a good chance I can be part time again next year at Faith, so that's exciting, but I'm sure we won't know for sure for a while. I guess we are going to have record enrollment next year.  I have to do a 3-hour glucose test because I failed my 1-hour test.  Apparently my score on that one was the same as it was for Braelyn, so I am not all that worried about gestational diabetes, but I suppose it could happen.  Everything else is fine.  Braelyn goes in for her two year checkup on Thursday.  Other than that, Nate and I are still eating birthday cake.

No comments: