Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Busy, busy, busy

What has been going on?  I haven't updated the blog in forever.  The reason for that would be laziness on my part... :)  I just can't bring myself to upload pictures onto the computer.  But I did last night for a photo book we had to make, so I can write a good long post with some good pictures.  This will probably be just Christmas and then I can do our San Diego trip separately.

First off:  Addison is sitting up and trying to stand occasionally.  She can push herself somewhat on her tummy, and sometimes gets in a "downward dog" yoga type position, but no crawling yet.  She was sleeping horribly, but the past two nights have been really good, if you don't count the hour she spend crying last night at midnight.  I think that was gas.  No teeth yet.  She's still in 6 month clothing, but I can tell they might be getting a little small.

Braelyn is basically potty trained...for Autumn.  Not so much for us.  So aggravating.  But a positive for Autumn, I guess.  She is very expressive and attended her first birthday party this last weekend.  They had a bounce house which she was excited about in theory, but when we got there she wouldn't go in.  She did finally go in and had fun towards the end of the party.  She actually did really well with buying a present for someone else and seeing Elizabeth open all her presents.  One of the other girls her age from Autumn's was there and didn't do so well with seeing Elizabeth open presents, so that's why I was pleased with Braelyn's reaction.

Now for some pictures:

Braelyn fancies herself a photographer, so here are her pictures of Addison:

Braelyn also loves to mop the floor using our steam mop.  Here is photographic evidence.
Christmas time!  Braelyn decorated her house with lights.

 And liked that Nate put up some lights on our house.

 Her favorite yard in the neighborhood.
Here are their Christmas outfits.  Braelyn loves holding Addison in her rocking chair.  Addison does not love it quite as much.
 Christmas decorating!  Braelyn thought it was hilarious to put ornaments in Addison's bouncy chair.  Addison tolerated it quite well.
 Opening stockings on Christmas eve.
 Braelyn trying out my stocking gift of bracelets.
 Addison sitting on the couch with all the stocking gifts.
 Addison's Christmas day outfit (my first Christmas)
 Braelyn and Addison on Christmas day.  This is actually a really nice picture of them.
 Braelyn giving Hunter his Christmas present.
 Braelyn trying to show her new necklace.  In a futile attempt to get her to stop wearing my necklaces because she would have one of her own, Nate got her a necklace with a "B" on it and her birthstone. 
 Her Veggie Tales Princess castle...I got a big spontaneous "Thank you Mommy!" when she opened it.
 Nate's family came out to visit during our Christmas break.  The girls got lots of time with them.  Here's Grandpa with Addison.
 Braelyn making her Mickey gingerbread house with grandma and Becky
 A wreath Braelyn helped make.
 Becky and Addison having lots of fun with newspaper.
 Becky, Nate, Addison, Betty (Grandma), and Ben at the cactus garden at Ethel M.  Braelyn was throwing a fit or she and I would have been in the picture. :(
 This is a bad picture, but sums up the night for Braelyn.

Oh, and this is not Christmas or anything, but here's pictures of Addison's first taste of food.  She always folds her hands when she sits in her high chair.
 Her first bite of oatmeal.
 Spitting it out with a look of disgust.
 Showing Daddy what she thought of that.  She is not a fan of eating any baby food at all. 
 I forgot!  We went to the Bellagio with Nate's family at Christmas time.  Here's Braelyn in front of her favorite, the trains.
 A view of the trains and fountains.
 The polar bears...they were getting flowers replaced when we were there.
 The nutcrackers and the arch thing is filled with "snow" blowing around.  You can walk through it.
 Addison.  I had her in a sling and some ladies from Europe stopped me and took my picture because she was so cute and they hadn't seen anyone in the US wear their babies that way.  They said they always wear their babies that way at home (they were elderly).  They asked if I made the sling and I said no, but another mom did.
 The view from inside the "snow" tunnel.

 Next time I get a chance...pictures from our trip to San Diego with Nate's family.


No comments: