We will start with the Bellagio flowers. As I said before, a Holland theme. They had some neat pools of water, a big windmill and a carousel.
Braelyn had fun...
This was a painting (I didn't get to read the plaque on it) made out of flowers.
I think you can see Braelyn's two top teeth in this one. She liked feeling the flowers at the check-in desk.
Here's Braelyn before we actually went into the zoo.
Here's the "parking lot" of the zoo. It was only large enough for the cars you see behind Nate. We parked to the left of where he's standing. The other picture is of the other portion of zoo parking.
The entrance to the zoo...doesn't it look super exciting?
This was one of the saddest parts. The guy in the picture on the left was "walking" the chimpanzee. He literally followed the chimp in circles around the cage. On the right we got to see the tortoises eating their dinner or snack or something. That was neat.
We also got to see a vulture eating it's dinner...a mouse. If you enlarge the photo enough you might be able to see it. I'm not sure if you can on the computer...I could zoom in on it on the camera to see it.
She looks like the zoo is tons of fun. There was also a lioness. The zoo has a rat problem because there's an infestation of rats in the neighborhood the zoo is in. In addition, all the water animals were suffering because their exhibits drain into the storm sewers which drain into Lake Mead. The city is going to fine the zoo $500/week if they continue to do that even though they've been doing it since they have been in operation. So, they need to raise $20,000 to create a new enclosure for the alligator. (and presumably the otters) We didn't get to see the alligator. We have quite a few more pictures, but I don't know if you want to see pictures of sad animals.
On the bright side, here's our haul of oranges from our tree.
And here's the ham. She is such a poser for pictures lately. Playing with Great-Grandpa-made Noah's Ark and a lemon, of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment