Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spring Break so far...no pictures :(

No pictures...yet.  I have taken a bunch of pictures, but I haven't uploaded them yet.  They will come later, I promise.

Well, Nate wanted to go to San Diego for a few days over Spring Break, but I managed to talk him out of it because I really didn't feel like driving or being away from home.  So we stayed home and have been doing all sorts of fun (?) and interesting (?) things.  We were going to try to do something interesting each day.

Saturday:  Nate was at a track meet in Lake Havasu and Braelyn and I stayed at home, playing.  I got out a new toy for her which she loves.

Sunday:  We went to church and I picked lemons and oranges.  I estimate we had at least 50-60 oranges on the tree.  I also hung Braelyn's diapers on the new "clothesline" that we installed on our patio cover. 

Monday:  I did our taxes, sort of almost.   I need to go over them again and do our housing allowance spreadsheet.  We also cleaned sort of.  (this was the non-exciting day, official start of break)

Tuesday:  We went to the strip to go to the Forum shops at Ceaser's Palace and to see the flowers at the Bellagio.  They were very pretty and fragrant.  It was a Holland theme.

Wednesday:  We went to the saddest zoo in the world, the Las Vegas zoo.  Seriously, you will see the sadness that is what the $9.00 admission goes to when I post pictures.  I would say that everyone should experience it sometime, but that's a lie.  You aren't missing out on anything.  Well, if you are a bird lover, maybe you would be missing out.  Or maybe if you like tortoises.  It makes me want to donate lots of money to it just to make it a little bit better, that's how sad it is.  The poor animals.  It does have the only family of some type of ape in the United States.  That may be the claim to fame.  Except I can't remember the name of the ape.  It also may have the smallest parking area of any zoo ever.  Took a picture of that too. We also got Braelyn's Easter basket.

Tomorrow I get a massage and I think we might try going to the children's museum.  There's a funny and quite embarrassing story about that which I'm going to refrain from telling everyone on the internet.

Anyway, there's our exciting break so far!

No comments: